Fri, 27 Jul 2018, 1:00 AM –
Wed, 01 Aug 2018, 12:00 PMAdd to Calendar
|Tickets||Sales Start||Sales End||Availability||Price|
This event is open to specific members only. You need to Sign In
Ciudad Perdida consists of a series of 169 terraces carved into the mountainside, a network of tiled roads and several small circular plazas. The entrance can only be accessed by a climb up some 1,200 stone steps through dense jungle, a challenging but fascinating journey of four days hiking through the lush green jungle, wading through crystal clear rivers, swimming in fresh natural pools and learning about the Wiwa and Kogui cultures, indigenous tribes still living in the area.
Join the ‘Cass EMBA Leadership Expedition Day’ and the ‘Extended La Ciudad Perdida Leadership Expedition’ from Saturday 28 July until Wednesday 1 August 2018 in Colombia.
Timetable will be as follows:
- Friday 27 July Join the Cass EMBA in Bogota
- Saturday 28 July Join Cass the Leadership Expedition Day: The Bogota Leadership Expedition involves working with a local non-profit organisation in poverty stricken communities in Bogota to support educational institutions, building homes or environmental projects.
- Saturday 28 July pm: Fly from Bogota to Santa Marta, followed by dinner and overnight stay in Santa Marta
- Sunday 29 July: Depart for 4 days on the ‘La Ciudad Perdida Leadership Expedition’ Sunday, Monday, Tuesday nights, homestay or hammock sleeping in villages
- Wednesday 1 Aug pm Return to Santa Marta
We have chosen expedition logistics support from the social enterprise founded and run by the ethnic minorities in this region: https://wiwatours.com/?lang=en. Both day and extended Expeditions will be led by a facilitator(s) from Santiago based Vertical (http://www.vertical.cl/home/quienessomos.php?Lang=en) whose work in social inclusion, learning and expeditionary projects is highly respected. Vertical works extensively with the Wharton MBA Leadership programme and over the last 2 years with the Cass MBA Programme. Vertical was founded by our Honorary Visiting Professor Dr Rodrigo Jordan, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodrigo_Jordan a world famous mountaineer and humanitarian. Based on previous experience Vertical's programme will be enriching and one we trust will deliver some significant challenge and learning.
It is recommended you have - or get- some hiking experience and are both physically and psychologically prepared. You will also need to be properly equipped, vaccinated and insured. A kit list will be shared.
Please Note IF in extraordinary circumstances the weather is deemed unfit or unsafe by our guides, the hike may not take place or be re-routed.
Cost will be £590 for the 1 day and Extended Expedition (not including accommodation in Bogota or first dinner on Friday 27 July) per person and will include the following:
- Cass EMBA Leadership Expedition 1-Day’ in Bogota on Saturday 28 July
- One way plane ticket from Bogota to Santa Marta on the 28 July
- Twin-shared overnight accommodation in Santa Marta on Saturday 28 July
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner from the 28 July until lunch 1 August
- Tour guide, transport, entrance fees to the national park, snacks, soft drinks, sleeping bag rental, yoga mat rental, tent rental, 1.5L water/day, porter, standard national park levy and a Reaching La Ciudad Perdida Certificate (we hope!)
- A specially commissioned commemorative poster naming all participants.
Not included: international airfare to Colombia.
To commit please email me no later than the 1 January 2018 and pay a non-refundable deposit of £300 via the debit card link here to secure your place. Places are limited and we will fill them on a first come; first served basis thereafter a waiting list.
Contact the organizers