Fri, 30 Mar 2018, 1:00 AM –
Wed, 04 Apr 2018, 12:00 PMAdd to Calendar
Join the Modular MBA Programme ‘Cass Leadership Expedition Day’ and the ‘Extended Mount Fansipan Leadership Expedition’ from Saturday 31 March until Tuesday 3 April 2018 in Sa Pa in Northern Vietnam.
- Fri 30 March 22:00 Join Cass MEMBA on overnight train from Ha noi to Lao Cai
- Sat 31 March 06.00 Arrive in Lao Cai and transfer to Sa Pa.
Join Leadership Expedition Day on trek through paddy fields and villages. Dinner and overnight stay in Sa Pa
- Sun 1 April: 08.00 Depart for 3 days on ‘Mount Fansipan Leadership Expedition’ (trekking among the
rice fields and summiting Mount Fansipan, the highest peak in Indochina, at 3148 m. Sunday, Monday nights, camping or homestay.
- Tues 3 April PM Return to Sa Pa during afternoon.
- Tues 3 April PM or Wednesday 4 April AM Return train or bus to Ha Noi (6 to 12 hours)
We have chosen expedition logistics support from the first social enterprise founded and run by the Hmong people of Sa Pa and thereby supporting ethnic minorities in this region. Both day and extended Expeditions will be led by a facilitator(s) from Santiago based Vertical (http://www.vertical.cl/home/quienessomos.php?Lang=en) whose work in social inclusion, learning and expeditionary projects is highly respected. Vertical works extensively with the Wharton MBA Leadership programme and over the last 3 years with the Cass MBA Programme. Vertical was founded by our Honorary Visiting Professor Dr Rodrigo Jordan, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodrigo_Jordan a world famous mountaineer and humanitarian. Based on previous experience, Vertical's programme will be enriching and one we trust will deliver some significant challenge and learning.
It is recommended you have - or get- some hiking experience and are both physically and psychologically prepared. You will also need to be properly equipped, vaccinated and insured. A kit list will be shared.
Please Note IF in extraordinary circumstances the weather is deemed unfit or unsafe by our guides, the hike may not take place or be re-routed.
Cost will be £485 for the 1 day plus extended Expedition per person and will include the following:
- Round trip Hanoi to Sa Pa by sleeper train and bus on 30 March and 3/4 April 2018
- Cass Leadership 1-day Expedition on 31 March
- Twin-share overnight accommodation in Sa Pa on Saturday 31 March
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner from the 31 March until lunch time Tuesday 3 April
- Tour guide, transport, entrance fees to the National Park, snacks, soft drinks, sleeping bag rental, yoga mat rental, tent rental, 1.5L water/day, porter, standard national park levy (toilet, camping overnight, park insurance, cooking, and park authority observer) and a Summiting Fansipan Certificate (we hope!). Sunday and Monday nights in huts or camping.
- A specially commissioned commemorative poster naming all participants.
Not included: international airfare to Vietnam.
To commit please email me no later than the 1 January 2018 and pay a non-refundable deposit of £300 via the debit card link here to secure your place. Places are limited and we will fill them on a first come; first served basis thereafter a waiting list.
Contact the organizers