Starting with a partially complete operational model, participants build on a debt financed acquisition
model with a complex debt sheet and a returns to equity holders section.
· Revolving credit facility
· Term loans
· Bullet / high yield loans
· Calculating returns to equity holders (internal rate of return)
Merger analysis - with control premium
Participants build a merger analysis model to review the key financial effects of a potential acquisition at different prices.
· Estimated acquisition price range based on valuation analysis
· Impact on earnings per share forecast
· Impact of different acquisition structures on credit rating
· Impact of different acquisition structures on the cost of existing (step up) and new debt
· Return on capital employed
· Present value of synergies versus premium paid
Virtual room provided by Financial Edge