Friday 10th November 2017
Workshop: Corporate Social Responsibility in the Digital Economy
This workshop is now full, please contact Michael.Etter@city.ac.uk to be added to the waiting list.
Join the emerging debate around the digital economy and its challenges with regard to corporate social responsibility (CSR) and business ethics.
The one-day event will consist of presentations, panels, and a paper development workshop.
For the workshop, we invite empirical and conceptual papers that may address the following topics among others:
- The sharing economy
- Digital labour
- Big data, algorithms, and governance
- The power of internet companies
- Social movements, new media, and digital communication
- Surveillance and privacy
Participants will discuss their papers with senior scholars that are experts in the field of CSR and digitalization.
Confirmed speakers and facilitators are:
- Jean-Pascal Gond, Centre for Responsible Enterprise, Cass Business School
- Annabelle Gawer, Co-Director of the University of Surrey Centre for the Digital Economy
- Andreas Scherer, University of Zurich
- Dirk Matten, Hewlett-Packard Chair in CSR, Schulich School of Business, York University
- Glen Whelan, Lecturer McGill & Visiting Scholar York University Fleura Bardhi, Cass Business School
- Andre Spicer, Centre for Responsible Enterprise, Cass Business School
- Friederike Schultz, Copenhagen Business School / McKinsey & Co.
- Bruce Daisly, Twitter
- Itziar Castello, Centre for Digital Economy, The University of Surrey
- Michael Etter, Centre for Responsible Enterprise, Cass Business School
Please submit an extended abstract (max 500 words, excluding references) by September 10th 2017 to Michael.email@example.com.
Location: Cass Business School, Central London
PhD students can contact Michael.firstname.lastname@example.org for opportunities for travel grants.
Timings and Rooms:
11:00 Introduction – Room 2004 (second floor)
11:15 Key notes – Room 2004
- Glen Whelan: Artificial Intelligence, Asymmetries, and Corporate Responsibility
- Annabelle Gawer: Online platforms: is dominance abuse unavoidable?
12:45 Lunch – The Milling Area (second floor)
14:00 Paper development roundtables for manuscripts – only for participants who submitted a paper
15:30 Coffee – The Milling Area (second floor)
16:00 Panel discussion on the digital economy and CSR – Room 2004
- Bruce Daisly, Twitter
- Friederike Schultz, McKinsey and Copenhagen Business School
- Andreas Scherer, University Zurich
- Dirk Matten, Schulich School of Business, York University
- Fleura Bardhi, Cass Business School
- Moderator: Itziar Castello, University of Surrey
17:45 Drinks – The Milling Area (second floor)
18:30 Dinner for workshop-participants – only for participants who submitted a paper
Cass Business School, 106 Bunhill Row
106 Bunhill Row, London EC1Y 8TZ, UK